Total Pageviews

Monday 26 August 2013

...And I Have Diabetes Too


Do you feel like when people think of you all they think of is diabetes or do you think they think of other things like how nice, kind and caring you are? I went through a stage where I thought whenever someone thought about me all they would think is oh she is diabetic and they wouldn't think about anything else. The thing is that's not true.

I was talking to someone and they said how I always referred myself as diabetic. I didn't realise that I referred myself as diabetic so much. The thing was I thought when people through about me all they thought of was diabetes so I automatically called myself diabetic all the time. Then she explained how people didn't think of just diabetes when they thought about me, she said I was much more then just diabetic. The thing was I really wasn't sure that it was true so I asked someone what they thought of me, they said I was nice, kind, caring and lovely. I was so shocked they never said diabetic, this made me feel so much happier. She told my I am not diabetic, I am a person with diabetes. This meant I was loads of other thing and oh yeah I have diabetes but I wasn't just diabetic.

I still call myself diabetic without even thinking because I have done it for so long I say it without thinking. Calling myself diabetic stops myself feeling good about me because I am basically saying I am only diabetic and nothing else. It's going to be a big step for me to stop calling myself diabetic and start calling myself a person with diabetes but I know it will be worth it in the end, I will feel a lot happier about myself :)

I know it's really hard but I promise you, you are more than just diabetic and people don't just think of diabetes when they think of you they think of so much more. You are much more than you think you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment