Total Pageviews

Monday 19 August 2013

Eventful day

I have had such a eventful day today, I am struggling to concentrate writing this post, I am so tired. Yaesterday my mum and step dad said told me and my brothers we were going to go to Go Ape. They said that my bother and step brothers were going to be climbing in the tree and going on zip wires and loads more, they were so excited. I got told I was going to go on a stedgeway which is like an electronic scooter, I was so excited I couldn't wait! However ...

For some reason I woke up at 4:00am this morning. I felt really thirsty and sick which isn't normal. So I checked my blood count and my levels were 26.5. I normally feel sick when my levels are really high and I have ketones, so I tested my ketones and they were 1.6. The only reason that I could think that my levels were really high and to have ketones was that I wasn't getting insulin, so my line might be blocked. So I changed my line and gave a correction because my levels were so high, I also put a Temp basel on of 130% on my pump.so that I got more insulin every hour. The annoying thing was I had a paper round at 6:50 am and I was meant to be going to Go Ape.

Luckily my levels came down and my ketones came down too. However I still felt really ill and unwell. I still had to do my paper round and I didn't feel well enough to do it. So my step dad said he would help me do my paper round so we did it in his van and it didn't take us very long. When I got back I felt so I'll and just wanted to go back to bed, however we were going to be going to Go Ape in hour. I really wanted to go but my levels were still high and I felt really unwell. I decided that I wanted to go to Go Ape as it was going to be loads of fun and I knew I would feel better later so I went to Go Ape with everyone else.

When we got to Go Ape my brothers were doing there activity first which was climbing through the trees and going on zip wires and loads more. Me and my mum were aloud to walk round and watch them doing there activity, it was so funny watching them. One of my step brothers got stuck on one of the wires and one of the lady's that work at Go Ape had to save him. The funny thing was the lady was panicking and my step brother didn't even care he was suck hanging from a wire between two trees. So many funny things happened I couldn't stop laughing watching them, the best thing was I didn't feel ill anymore. Next it was my turn to go on a stedgeway. I had so much fun on the electronic scooter even tho I fell of it. It had been such a good day. 

I have had such a great day even tho my levels were high and I had ketones this morning. Today I have learnt the being diabetic shouldn't stop you from doing anything, even if you have had a really hard time with your diabetes, you shouldn't let your diabetes get in the way of doing things you really like or trying something new. I had so much fun today because I didn't let my diabetes get in the way. If your levels are really high or really low just change your insulin, it will make you feel a lot better and then you can get on this what you were doing, like I did. 

2 comments:

  1. I have a huge smile on my dile after reading this, thank u Laura, I will share it with Rene'e :)

    ReplyDelete