Total Pageviews

Thursday 23 January 2014

Family and friends

It can be really hard having diabetes. You can have days when your levels are running really high , day when your levels are low all the time, days when you levels are in range, days when your levels are all over the place. It can sometimes feel like you are on a never ending roller coaster. It can also feel like no one else knows what it is like going through what you have to everyday even though you have your family and friends helping you every step of the way. No matter how much your friends and family are there for you it can still feel like you are alone, its nothing they are or aren't doing its just sometimes you need to have someone else to talk to who has diabetes to because they know exactly what it is like and what you go through everyday.

This time last year I was really struggling with diabetes, I felt like no one else understood what it was like for me everyday having to prick my finger 5 or more times a day, having put the carbs of my food in my pump before I ate, having to change my line to my pump every three day, feeling ill because my levels were too high or to low, having to go to the hospital every 3 months, having to have a pump attached to me 24/7....Even though I had friends, family and the hospital helping me control my diabetes I still felt alone because they aren't diabetic so its hard for them to understand how I felt and what I had to go through everyday.

Last year I found out about some diabetic groups on Facebook that are for teenagers who are diabetic. The groups are a place for people to ask for advice, help and to be able to talk to people who are going through what you are. It made me realise that I wasn't alone, there are so many other teenagers going through that I have been through or am going through. I have made so many amazing friends on the groups from all over the world. It hard to explain how nice it is to be able to talk to someone about diabetes related stuff and then they know exactly how you feel. The great thing is everyone on the group is so lovely and always happy to give you advice or just chat to. I feel so much happier now that I have people to chat to who know how I feel.

I have always wanted to meet someone with diabetes that lives near to me so that I could go shopping, go out for lunch, go to the cinema with them and stuff like that. I know I have people on the Facebook groups but I have never meet up with them before. Hopeful in the future I will be able to meet some other people who have diabetes as I have always wanted too.

It can be really hard for peoples family and friends when they are trying everything to help you and make you not feel alone but sometimes they cant change the way you feel. Its is nothing they aren't doing or they are doing wrong, its just it is so hard for them to be able to know exactly how you feel when they haven't experienced what you are going through.

You are never alone I promise, there is always people out there that you can talk to who are going through the same stuff that you are and know how you feel. If you ever want to talk to me about anything, diabetes related or not, you can always message me or leave a comment below this post. Always remember you are stronger then you think and you are never alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment