Total Pageviews

Sunday 22 June 2014

Some days...

Some days...
...are bad
...are good
...levels are high
...levels are low
...you feel rubbish
...you feel good
...you are fed up of diabetes
...you don't think that much about our diabetes
...you just want to be like everyone else
the list could go on and on

Being diabetic can be really hard at times, it can make you feel really different compared to other people. Everyone have days when your diabetes just doesn't seem to be going right and it can be really annoying, I know.
I have days when it hit me that my diabetes is probably going to affect me for the rest of my life and that there will be no breaks from my diabetes (I will have to deal with it every minute of every day). These days I realise that I am different to other people. I wish I never got diabetes as it would make life so much easier.
However I think it would be so weird if I didn't have diabetes anymore. In some ways I think I would be lost without diabetes as I have had it since I was 4 years old and I cant remember my life before I was diabetic. The things we have to do each day like checking levels, giving insulin, carb counting just seem like part of my everyday routine. Also I feel like I have become a lot more independent and more responsible because of having diabetes, I think it makes people act more responsible then they should be for their age. In some ways I look at having diabetes as a good thing as I have made so many new friend which I would probably never meet if I didn't have diabetes.
However everyone thinks of there diabetes in a different way (there is no right or wrong way) for this post I hope it helps people to understand that everyone has those tough day with their diabetes but always remember tomorrow is a new day and a new start. Diabetes doesn't always have to be a negative thing, in some ways it can be a positive thing.
 Always remember you are stronger than you think!  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment